23.4.07

A Public Apology

Yesterday, I posted No intention of making money from Ismail Ax name.. and it's about the ownership of ismailax.com.

Today I just received a response from "r.patterson":

After consulting friends, family, and co-workers, and after reading countless blogs and forum posts, I have decided to make a change. The domain ismailax.com will be pointed to the official Virginia Tech website memorial fund page:
http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

The word ismailax is bad. It is dark, ugly and forboding. I do not relish being remembered or associated with this evil name but unfortunately, I have become part of the bigger story. I wish I wasn't. But maybe I can help by shining a small beacon of light and hope upon this tragic event. By forwarding this domain, to a good and decent cause, I will have stood up and done my part for a better world. This is how I would rather be remembered. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone. I wish no harm, only peace and dignity to the victims and their families.

Please allow 24-48 hours as the DNS server need time to resolve to the Virginia Tech site.


Given that this is Raymond Patterson himself, there is no reason for me to assume that V Tech bought the site from Mr. Patterson, which I mentioned in my former post. And I do apologize if it brought ill emotions to anyone as well.

Thanks for clearing this up, Raymond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home