22.4.07

No intention of making money from Ismail Ax name

I first mentioned there was an existing site www.ismailax.com [here]

A kind commentator named Squall, gave details that GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC. is an Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. And owns it in order to resell it to anyone's interested.

But, on further investigation, I found out that Raymond Patterson, a TV repair-shop owner in Corpus Christi, Texas, registered the domain name www.ismailax.com Tuesday morning.

"When I hear a name, I register it. I have about 200 names right now," said Raymond Patterson, who registered the site five minutes after he heard the phrase "Ismail Ax" mentioned on a Fox News broadcast. He said he had no intention of making "blood money" from the site.

But try going to this site and you get re-directed to the V Tech Memorial Fund they named Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund

So technically, V Tech bought the site from Mr. Patterson for a better purpose.. So, it's first come first served eh? But who's HOKIE? erm..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this explains it. The first time I went to that site, it was indeed open for sale. Now I see the VT site. This blog post showed as 8th link in google search, out of 723 sites today when I looked for ismailax.com

April 22, 2007 at 3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and I predict that the 723 links will zoom up to a thousand in a few days time.

April 22, 2007 at 3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After consulting friends, family, and co-workers, and after reading countless blogs and forum posts, I have decided to make a change. The domain ismailax.com will be pointed to the official Virginia Tech website memorial fund page:
http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php
The word ismailax is bad. It is dark, ugly and forboding. I do not relish being remembered or associated with this evil name but unfortunately, I have become part of the bigger story. I wish I wasn't. But maybe I can help by shining a small beacon of light and hope upon this tragic event. By forwarding this domain, to a good and decent cause, I will have stood up and done my part for a better world. This is how I would rather be remembered. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone. I wish no harm, only peace and dignity to the victims and their families.
Please allow 24-48 hours as the DNS server need time to resolve to the Virginia Tech site.

April 23, 2007 at 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is indeed an honour to have been part of history in making a decision to have the site re-directed to the VT Memorial Fund.. i admire your brave decision in doing so. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this humble little blog...

April 23, 2007 at 2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

November 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home